We thought we'd try our hand at the blog thing so that we can keep you up date with everything new that is happening.
Aidan is anxiously waiting for his new brother to be born! We are going to name the baby Ethan Michael and his due date is July 16th but our doctor promises that if all goes well he will induce Becca a week early. We are really hoping to be able to go to Becca's family reunion on the Oregon Coast, which is 10 days after her due date, so we are hoping for a little more time between those two events to recover. Aidan is great with babies and seems very excited. Mom and Dad are a little stressed but really this pregnancy has gone by so fast. We are both very excited to meet the newest member of the family.
Aidan on Easter Sunday
Joseph, Becca's brother, gets married this Saturday, the 23rd. Juli is wonderful and everyone is thrilled to have her join the family. We hoped through all of Joseph's mission that Juli would still be around when he got home, and were excited to have them get engaged quickly. We are happy that they will be living close by- we just wish we could get Jordan's (Becca's sister) family closer too. We are looking forward to the wedding festivities and Becca is happy that she could get the bridesmaid dress altered well for being 9 months pregnant. :)
Becca just finished giving her 1st week long summer piano camp for her students and is happy that it went so well. The kids all had a good time and it was such a good way to get in a month worth of lessons in a week. Now she is cramming in one more month of lessons over the rest of June to 1st week of July and then will be done teaching for the summer. She is really looking forward to having some time off to be with Aidan and the new baby and hopefully get some kind of schedule going before coming back in September. In the fall she will have the largest studio she's ever had (28 students) which is exciting and overwhelming at the same time. We are looking into different child care options to help with the boys and hope that everything will run smoothly.
Becca and Aidan at the Easter egg hunt in the park
We are in full blown "nesting", as evidenced by the 8 hours I spent in the basement. Aidan and Ethan will share a room and Becca has been busy getting it ready, realizing that not everything will probably get done before the baby comes, which is ok. She is looking forward to some cleaning help from her mom and Jordan, when Jordan is down for the wedding. I have been told that I get the fun jobs like cleaning the oven, fridge, stove, ect....
I am going to school this summer and have actually really enjoyed my class. I am taking an "Integrated Approach" to the Weimar Republic and have found it very interesting. I am finishing class next Wednesday and start a new one on Friday. I am also taking a math class online and working on my capstone project for my degree. 9 credits in the fall and I will be DONE!
3 comments:
The blog looks great and McKay and I can't wait to see you on Thursday!
Nice to be able to stay in touch this way. Thanks for sharing!
Becca! Love your blog! I can't believe how big Aidan is! WOW! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment