Saturday, October 13, 2007

I've been tagged!

I just got tagged by Juli! Everyone who reads my blog is now also tagged!!

1. 10 years ago I had just started my first year at Ricks College. I was living with my cousin Jen and was enjoying being on my own for the first time. Most importantly, I met Brett that first week of school and the rest is history...

2. 5 years ago I graduated with my degree in piano pedagogy from Utah State. Happy Day!!! We were living in Logan and I was on the faculty at the Youth Conservatory and working at the hotel on campus. We went to a lot more movies back then. :)

3. 1 year ago I was enjoying Aidan as a 2 year old and was wondering if I was pregnant- I found out soon enough and now we have Ethan! My life 1 year ago was pretty much identical to what it is now, but now we are lucky to have 2 sweet boys!

4. Yesterday I got up early and Brett took the day off (Fall Break) so we went up to Park City to try to find much needed shoes for Brett and jeans for me. My cranky mood on the way home tells that I found no jeans and reminded me how much I hate shopping for pants. We shopped for about 4 hours, then came home and Anson and Julia came over and watched Aidan while Brett and I went out on a date. We ate at Smokehouse and saw "Hairspray" and had a great time. Ethan watched or slept through the whole movie and it was wonderful!

5. 5 snacks I enjoy: Diet Coke with Splenda, chocolate chip cookies (although now that it's fall I love all things pumpkin- pumpkin pasta, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie in the sky ice cream, but not pumpkin pie), grapes, Fiber One Bars, baked Cheetos.

6.5 things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million: Pay off the student loans, Buy a house, Buy a car that didn't need a new engine and clutch a year and a half after we bought it, Travel on a lot of vacations, significantly reduce the size of my piano studio so I could spend more time with the boys. (Ok, I really need 6 because then I would invest the rest so Brett could quit work too- he just told me that if we had $100 million we wouldn't even need to invest it for him to quit work, but it seems like the smart thing to do).

7. 5 locations I would like to run away to: Hawaii, New York, Boston, Europe (obviously), Vermont or New Hampshire to see the fall leaves.

8. 5 bad habits I have: asking Brett to do things I can do myself, OCD cleaning (it never quite feels clean enough),waking up later than I should, not exercising, keeping all receipts and never cleaning out the filing drawer.

9. 5 shows I like: Grey's Anatomy (I finally joined the craze and I have no idea what took me so long), Brothers and Sisters, Ugly Betty, The Office, and I must pay respect to my all time favorite show which is no longer on the air, but deeply missed- Gilmore Girls.

10. 5 things I hate doing: cleaning the bathroom, mopping the floors (can you tell what Brett's cleaning jobs generally are?), having shots, hiking, and picking up the dropped plums in the yard. (o.k. I haven't done that last one in probably 15 years but the trauma of it is deeply ingrained- so many squishy plums!)

11. 5 biggest joys of the moment: Making Ethan laugh, hearing Aidan tell me that he loves me, my fall wreath (and everything else fall- this is my absolute favorite time of year!), finding new low fat recipes that I can make and still do weight watchers, having Brett home for Fall Break.

1 comment:

Jordan and Danny said...

I always thought we are alike, but some of your answers were strangely very, very familar. like, #7,#8,#9,#10. I love that. I like the white background too.