Monday, January 14, 2008
Poor Ethan...
Ethan has been battling a cough for over a month now- I took him in a month ago when he first came down with it and Aidan was getting over croupe. The Dr. said that everything was normal and just to let it run it's course. Well, 3 weeks later he was still coughing so I asked the Dr. (who happens to be our neighbor and was Aidan's nursery leader) about it and he thought I should bring him back in just to see what's going on. Well, that week it got significantly better so I didn't take him in and then the following weekend it got bad again fast. We finally took him in again and got the dreaded RSV diagnosis. I was able to cancel my students for the next couple days and we have spent the last 5 days at home without going anywhere. Except for the fact that I feel so bad he is sick, it was really nice to have some quiet time at home. We have already been to the Dr. twice and have another appointment in a couple days but he seems to be getting better everyday. He has to have a breathing treatment every 4 hours which isn't fun but he does alright for the most part. The biggest worry that the Dr. had was that he would have future asthma problems since he got this so young. I'm praying that isn't a problem- my sister Jordan and her son both have asthma and that isn't a road I want to travel on. Our Dr. has been so helpful. I just call him at home whenever I have questions and he has told us more than once just to call in the middle of the night if we need to rather than going to the emergency room. It's so wonderful- where do you ever get that kind of service from a Dr.?!! I'm just so glad that it hasn't been worse and we haven't been to the hospital. He's such a sweet happy baby and has had such good spirits through all of this. He only had a couple cranky days where I needed to hold him most of the day. I'm so grateful for his happy disposition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ohhhhh!!! I hate seeing him like this! I feel like I am out of the loop because I haven't been on the computer for the past week or so (and I just got your email!) Anyway, I hope he is feeling better and that you all are okay too. We've been battling some kind of bug as well and I hope we are over it now (fingers crossed). Let me know if I can do something for you guys, if anything we need to plan a night out so that we can all get out of the houses we've been stuck in!
Man that sure stinks! I can't believe how cute he still is when he feels so yucky! I'm glad he is feeling better now! By the way I love your new background!
Post a Comment