Thursday, February 28, 2008

Here we go again...

Ethan is so sick- again. Last Saturday he came down with the cold and cough that Aidan had had the week before and by that night he was really not sounding good, so we took him to the Dr. who confirmed that his RSV/bronchial stuff was back. Back to 1am breathing treatments. He has been so miserable this week and to make matters worse, he finally cut his first tooth so he's been running fevers and crying all day long. Yesterday I really started to worry that he wasn't responding to the treatments as well as last time and since he wasn't sleeping and was constantly crying (both very uncharacteristic) we decided to take him in again. Because I can't cancel lessons right now, Brett came home early to take him and imagine my surprise when they got home and Brett said that he's actually improved dramatically and that his lungs sound great so we can stop waking him up at night to do the treatments and just do them during the day. I'm not real sure of my parenting skills- I think he's getting worse but he's actually getting better. Then last night he started running a fever again and woke up at 2 am and threw up all over me. :) Now I think he has the flu that has been going around. Whatever it is, he's miserable and I could REALLY use some sleep. :) Poor guy.

6 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Oh that does NOT sound like fun, I'm so sorry! Cleaning up throw-up during the night is the worst! I hope he's on his way to feeling better soon. He's SO cute. And I can't get over how handsome Aidan is!

Jessica said...

That is so sad, poor guy! I hope he feels really better soon and I hope you can get some sleep too!

Amanda said...

Im so sorry Becca! There is nothing worse than sick kids. I cant tell you how many times I have taken my kids into the dr. thinking they were getting worse to hear they were doing much better. I say its better to be safe than sorry with RSV.

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

I know how you feel and it is awful. Our Ethan had the flu a couple of weeks ago and I found him in the morning after he had thrown up and then slept in it the rest of the night. It really sucks when they are sick.

Jordan and Danny said...

My heart just aches for Ethan! that's good he's doing better. To bad his mood hasn't improved. McKay is going crazy looking at the boys' picture while I write this. he misses them so much,
(but I probably do more).

CLAMES said...

I'm so sorry about the sickness!! I absolutely hate seeing my kids sick. It makes life so hard. I hope Ethan feels better soon.

We had a blast at Disneyland. We were lucky, though, because my brother who lives there took two days off of work to come with us. Since I've had kids, I get really motion sick so Conrad went on a lot of the rides with my brother. We went with the expectation that we would be going on mostly kid rides. We actually did a lot of adult rides thanks to my brother. If you go, I suggest bringing someone to help watch the kids. Otherwise, they also have a pass to switch off without having to go through the line twice.