Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today...

It's been a hard day. Ethan's lungs are actually sounding worse and he is just not perking up. This is the second day we've had of him just sleeping all day. They are now sucking out his nose every 4 hours which is so miserable for him- they have to stick a small catheter down his nose and pull out all the gunk inside of it- it's like a small vacuum. The chest xrays this morning showed that he has a spot on his right lung that has sunk in because he can't take deep enough breaths and get up and be active. I just got off the phone with the doctor and they are going to put in a feeding tube down his nose because he hasn't eaten anything, besides small nibbles, since Friday night. He said that it's bad to put in and will bother him while in and he might try to yank it out, or will just throw up the nutrients that are fed to him. We have to try anything that will work though because until he feels better he isn't going to care enough about eating or drinking to do anything about it.

I have no idea when we're coming home at this point. I'm not quite sure where home is. Life has been so crazy with the move, Christmas, and now this that I've forgotten what a regular routine is. I know I have this house waiting for me but it just feels like somewhere I'm staying. Then I realize that I haven't thought about Aidan in a while and wonder what he is doing and if he is having a good day. It's only been a few days but its been enough for us to feel displaced from each other. I worry about him and hope that he is getting the attention he needs.

Please keep Ethan in your prayers. I know that he is just really sick and that we just have to keep pushing through while the virus runs its course. We have really felt Heavenly Father's hand in helping us to feel peace and I know that he is going to be ok. I'm so sad to see by baby hurt like this. I hope that we can see some improvement soon.

7 comments:

The Edwards said...

So sad!! Our prayers are with you!

janna said...

Hi there Becca & Brett--I was just checking out your blog and see that Ethan is soooo sick again--I was really hoping that he would not get sick again this winter. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and we hope he improves and is well soon.

Abbey said...

Oh that just breaks my heart! We'll be praying for you guys. You are such a tough mommy!

Jordan and Danny said...

Ethan's little hospital gown is so cute, but sad. I wish I could be with you! My heart aches for Ethan.

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

We will keep Ethan in our prayers. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby suffer. I hope he gets better soon. ~Meredith

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

We love you all! Sorry we haven't been over the past few days but we will soon! Let us know anything else you need.

Tiffy!! said...

Poor little man...
I found your blog while surfing..
Sad your gone out of the neighborhood..