Friday, March 13, 2009

House pictures

We've been busy working on this house since before we even moved in and we're finally starting to wrap up a few projects. When we moved in the previous owner had repainted the whole house white and put in new carpet so we had a pretty fresh palate to start with. The kitchen was pretty dated so that was first on our list and I'm really happy with how its turning out. Thanks to Brett and my wonderful family and friends we've been able to get some work done. I have to send a special shout out to my brother Joseph. He's become my own personal handyman (or so I like to call him) and has been at the house working and working and working to get it done. I've started missing him keeping me company during the day now that we're not doing much. We couldn't have done it without him. He even fixed the one remodel we weren't expecting- the bathroom pipes leaking onto our kitchen ceiling and us having to cut a pretty large square out to fix the pipes and replace it. We couldn't have done it (or afforded it) without his help. We love you, Joseph! There is still SO much to do but I finally feel like its becoming ours! Now the fun part comes... Decorating!

We forgot to take before pictures but remembered before we were in too deep. Sorry for the poor quality- cell phones. The kitchen cabinets were oak before and Anson and Julia were a huge help in painting them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's the finished project for now. We painted the walls and cabinets, put the knobs on, bought and put together a cute pantry/cabinet from Ikea for more cupboard space, and put up the beadboard and trim. We had plans to replace the countertops right away (not loving the plain white) but that's going to have to wait a little longer. Plus now we're really not loving our floor next to the beadboard (not that we loved it in the first place) so we might replace the floors first. For now we bought the rug and that helps to warm it up a little.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
New rug
Photobucket

We painted the entry way and living room (I'm loving my green wall) and then ran out of paint and time for the family room so that will get done here in the next couple weeks. We haven't done much decorating but I'm amazed at how much painting made a difference. I was so tired of white walls!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love my new pillows!
Photobucket

Hope that satisfies the itch some of you had to see the house! We'll post more as more gets done!

8 comments:

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

The rug looks really good and just right for your table

Addie and Trevor said...

Wow! It's amazing how a coat or two of paint makes all the difference in the world. I love the wanes coating on the back of your cupboards! So cute!! Don't you just love decorating your own place!?!

The Meaghers said...

Yeah! How fun! House pictures. The place looks great. SO happy for you. I tell ya', you have got the cleanest place I have ever seen. I need to take some lessons!
Congrats on your new place. It looks great!
-Holly :)

Jessica said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the green wall. Can you come decorate my place?! You definitely have the eye for it...I DO NOT! We are coming to UT in May. I hope I can see your house in person!

Tim and Laurel said...

Wow I love your house pics. I have always loved your taste. The white and red kitchen is a favorite! Can't wait to see the whole thing all done up!

Michelle said...

Cute cute pillows! Men never understand the necessity.

Rachelle said...

Glad to see you guys are doing well and staying busy. We hope Ethan remains healthy and everybody else is happy too. Great job with the house--lots of work and fun!

Jordan said...

Beeee-utiful! Love the bead board, cabinets, and colors!