Saturday, July 7, 2007

We've Been Busy!

I am glad to finally have a minute to sit down and update this- the last couple weeks have been packed full! Becca's brother, Joseph, got married to the sweetest girl in the world, Juliana James, on June 23rd. We are so happy to have her in the family and Becca is thrilled to have a sister nearby! Their wedding and reception were very beautiful and we had a great time. Becca was a bridesmaid and was happy to be able to look like the other bridesmaids in their cute dresses, despite being 9 months pregnant. Aidan looked so grown up in his tie- I can't believe how fast the time is going.

The following week, Aidan and Becca took Mom and Me swimming lessons with Jordan and McKay. We had such a good time! This was our second year doing swimming lessons and Aidan did such a good job! He's very comfortable in the water and did a good job blowing bubbles under the water, after jumping in, and lying on his back with his ears in the water (practicing to float). On the last day he was so brave and jumped off the diving board, even though he was nervous! We were so proud of him! I loved being in the water because I didn't feel any of the aches and pains of pregnancy- too bad we all don't have private pools, right?

Our next fun day was the 4th of July. We got up early and went to watch the parade in Provo, with Becca's family. Aidan enjoyed it- but you have to get there so early that he was pretty much ready for a nap by the time it started. That afternoon we went boating on Utah Lake with Juli's family. Aidan and Brett had a great time- I got horrible motion sickness and was sick the whole time. Not fun, but I'm still glad we got to go. Juli's dad is so great with Aidan and let him drive the boat half of the trip, which Aidan just loved. Brett had a great time on the tube behind the boat, with Anson. They got knocked off a few times and they had a blast. After boating, we came back to my parents for a BBQ and fireworks. We were all exhausted at the end of the day, but had a great time!


Well, I've posted a ton of pictures and could've done a ton more, but that gives you a taste of what we've been up to! As you can see from the pictures, I look ready to pop and I feel it even more. The Dr. is inducing me on Wednesday (the 11th) and yesterday my mom came over and helped me clean the house all day so now I'm ready! We are anxious and excited to finally get to meet our new little one. I think Aidan senses that things are changing and talks about Baby Ethan all day. Today we are having a "fun" day with Aidan to enjoy our last little bit of time as our family of 3. We're off to the swimming pool! We will be sure to post pictures of the new little one soon!

1 comment:

The Meaghers said...

Becca-
Congrats...a little early!? Thanks for keeping us updated on all that is happening. I can't wait to come and visit you and Ethan when I get into town.
Hopefully we will see the two of you soon.
All the best,
-Holly