Sunday, April 6, 2008

What happens in Vegas...

Brett won a free trip at work so we decided to leave this lousy weather and take the boys to Vegas for some fun in the sun. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. It was truly a learning experience for Brett and I as this was the first trip with just us and the boys. Since the trip wasn't one where we were going to visit anyone or with other family, we learned quite quickly how much work it is to take kids/babies on vacation and how important schedules still are! We finally learned our lesson by the last day, though, and that was our best day. Despite our few bumps along the way, we had a great time and really enjoyed getting away, just the 4 of us.
Day 1:

Ethan immediately fell asleep after we got settled in our hotel and hit the strip. We have quite a few pictures like this. Everyone sure thought he was cute though. :)


Aidan loved M&M world. He is a true chocoholic and loved every second of it.


We took the boys to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner, which was really fun for the atmosphere (note: food wasn't great and was horribly overpriced). This is Aidan telling Brett to be quiet so he could hear the gorilla better.


Now he's awake!


Aidan loved Excalibur, but by then was so tired he didn't get to enjoy it as much as he would've had he been more awake. He fell asleep on the way back and Brett had to carry him for over an hour while we walked back to the hotel (no where in the new stroller for him to rest his head).

Day 2:
We started out by going to a time share presentation (yes, we got sucked in by all the incentives). I'll never do that again- they were so rude at the end and after I let our salesman know how rude he was, I left crying. Nice vacation, huh? We let it go, though, and felt a lot better by having lunch at the Bellagio's buffet- so good! They had these really cool gardens where everything was made from flowers and over sized. After that we went back to the hotel and swam and then out again that night for more sight seeing.







Asleep again. We had to wrap the blanket in front of him because we kept loosing his pacifiers. Good thing he's such a good sleeper.


In front of the fountains at the Bellagio. I love this picture of the 2 of them- Aidan is such a daddy's boy. He was in heaven all weekend getting to spend so much time with him.

Day 3:
We finally got smart! Slept in and then hit the strip early in the day instead of later when the boys were tired. We went to brunch at Harrah's (part of our incentive for the time share presentation) and then went to Cesar's Palace so Aidan could go to FAO Schwartz, which he loved. We played there for a long time then came home and EVERYONE took a 3 hour nap. Heaven. After that we played in the pool for a little bit and then stayed at our hotel for dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant. Then to bed by 9:30 p.m. That was a good vacation day.

At the entrance to FAO Schwartz


Aidan had such a good time on the piano- like in the movie "Big"



We bought a new stroller right before we left- it's a double but instead of having 2 seats, the toddler has a bench that he can sit on or stand in the back. It was perfect and the boys had a great time riding together.


This picture cracks me up. We were at the Gap and Brett looked over and Aidan had made himself part of the display. Brett thought he looked like he belonged there, so he took the picture.

Well- this is the longest post ever, but someday I'm going to get this blog published in a book, so I might as well be through! We had a great time and now I'm ready for a vacation by myself. Brett could come too as long as he's quiet. :)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks like you had SO much fun! You got so many cute pics! I'm just a little jealous that you are in shorts though...no fair! :)

Tim and Laurel said...

I love your pics. I cannot believe how bit Ethan is. He looks so much like Brett! I thought that about Aidan but now I'm changing my mind! Happy Birthday Brett!!!

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

I was happy to see your pictures. Joseph and I were laughing at Aidan at the Gap store and how he always holds peoples faces in pictures like when he was in the pool with Ethan. Your boys are so stinkin cute!

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

I was happy to see your pictures. Joseph and I were laughing at Aidan at the Gap store and how he always holds peoples faces in pictures like when he was in the pool with Ethan. Your boys are so stinkin cute!

Amanda said...

How fun! Those pictures make me miss the sunshine. You guys are such a cute family and your boys are getting so big!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

The pictures from your vacation are so cute. The boys are just adorable. I can't believe how Ethan can sleep in the stroller. That is so nice. And congrats, Brett, on graduation. That is just great! ~Meredith

Becca Jane said...

I say this every time I comment, but I cannot get over how CUTE your little boys are!! Love them! Do you like that stroller? I've heard of those sit/stand ones....we just bought a double jogging stroller, and I hope I don't regret it!!