Sunday, September 7, 2008

Aidan's First Day of Preschool

Aidan started preschool this last week and was so excited to finally get to go. He could have started last year but because he has such a late birthday and will basically start kindergarten when he's 6 (his birthday is only 3 weeks after school starts) we thought it would be better to wait for this year. He's been talking about it all summer and had such a good time this week. He was concerned that his backpack had a hole in it, so Brett and I surprised him with a new backpack and once he understood why he didn't need a lunch box this year, he was set! He already has another Aidan in his class, which I'm sure he will for the rest of his schooling years. He's excited that his snack day is on his birthday and will get to share it with the kids in his class! I can't believe how fast he's growing up and was a little emotional during our family prayer that morning. I'm so proud of him and am excited for him to start this new adventure, even if and because it doesn't include me. I can't get over how cute he is- especially in his new school clothes. We love you Aidan boy!

These were actually taken after I picked him up which is why he has his name tag on. The ones I took inside, before school, didn't turn out great so I thought I'd try again outside. Much better!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Aidan wanted me to take the scary face picture.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jessica said...

SO CUTE!!!

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

He is so cute! Joseph liked his hair, naturally.

Abbey said...

He is sooo cute! Millie started school today and I am just wishing that there was a preschool I couldl send Levi too!

D.Wing said...

Aidan is so cute!!! I love his hair:). Isn't it amazing how fast they grow. IT makes me kind of sad:)

Amanda said...

Aidan, you are so flippin' cute and I cant beleive you are in preschool already! Where does the time go?