Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm really back this time...

I have a new goal to be much better about this. My problem is that I get so far behind I feel like I can't post again until I'm caught up, but I'm changing my thinking. I'm just going to make a fresh start. Even though we're half way through September, I didn't post much this summer so he is a quick recap: It flew by way too fast, but we started out in May with Brett and my ten year (!!!) anniversary (and a quick 3 day trip to St. George), and a week of fun swimming lessons in June (Ethan and I did Mommy and me and Aidan was in his own class). July brought a week on the Oregon Coast (the highlight of the summer), with my family; Ethan's 2nd birthday, my 30th birthday (and fun BBQ party that Brett threw for me), Aidan's summer preschool camp where he learned all about bugs, my sister and her family staying with us for a week, and a fun weekend of camping with my family. In August we had a fun day at Lagoon with Brett's work, I ran my piano camp with my students (best year yet), and a couple last minute trips to the swimming pool before the summer ended (we didn't go nearly enough this year), mixed in with the boys playing all day long outside with the neighbor kids. Sounds like a lot when you put it all together, but we actually relaxed a lot and are finally starting to get back to our regular routine.

I'm teaching more students than I've ever had, which is keeping me really busy, but surprisingly the boys are transitioning back into it really well. It helps that I have a couple neighbors helping me out and they get to go play with friends most of the week while I teach. Aidan started a new preschool this year and is really enjoying it. Since he missed the deadline for kindergarten by 2 weeks, we tried to find a preschool that would step it up a notch from last year. He goes 3 days a week for 3 hours and is having a great time! Ethan continues to do well, even though my heart is starting to beat faster with anxiety now that fall is here. We keep praying that he will have a better fall/winter/spring then we've had in the past. I think that about sums it up! Here's to hoping that I can stick with my goal!

1 comment:

Tim and Laurel said...

I hear ya! That is why if I get behind it takes me a whole weekend to blog....grrr. But I am glad you are back! I miss your updates! Sounds like you are having fun. Good luck with Ethan. I hope he doesn't get so sick this year.