Just trying to keep up with my blogging duties and write a little about the week. The most fun we had was last night! Brett and I were able to get discounted tickets to the Odyssey Dance Theater's production of "Thriller." I was so excited to go- I have wanted to go to this for years and was thrilled to be able to go. We had such great seats and the dancing was fantastic! Every time a see a dance show like this, my heart aches a little. I enjoyed all my dance training growing up so much and really miss it. I feel like somewhere inside of me I was meant to be that back up dancer for Janet Jackson. Ha. Ha. Maybe I shouldn't admit that out loud. Well, now I know I just need to go see more productions like last night and live vicariously through those awesome dancers. I know for sure that we won't miss another year of going to this!
Much to the disgruntlement (is that a word?) of my lungs, I went run/walking with my mom, a couple times this week, and really enjoyed it. I need to go more often so I can work on running more and walking less but it was nice to be outside early in the morning (5:30 am!) and get to talk to my mom before the day started. I'm fighting a cold/sore throat that is dying to get out but I think exercising and the vast amounts of ImmunoShield and Emergency C that I'm taking is holding it off. I just don't have time to be sick.
Ethan has started fall with a bang and has been fighting his usual cold/asthma that comes with this colder weather. We had such a nice, healthy summer and I'm hoping that this fall/winter/spring won't be like last year. When I took him in for his follow up appointment(from spending last Sunday afternoon at the dr) he was keeping his lungs clear and his tonsils have gone back down to an average size so that's encouraging. I was grateful to get both him and Aidan vaccinated against H1N1 and am hoping that it will work. Ethan is in a high risk category if he gets this flu, due to the complications with his asthma, and I'm feeling anxious about it but just trying to keep us all clean from germs and as healthy as possible. If you come to our house this winter, don't be surprised when you see the giant bottle of hand sanitizer! He is such a sweet boy as always and I'm really enjoying our alone time together while Aidan is at preschool. He always makes me feel loved and I just can't get enough of him.
Aidan is really enjoying school,except for being out the door by 8:30 am. Not that he isn't up, he just likes to take his time in the morning- but he's doing better. Cute story- early this week we got ready to have family prayer before bedtime and Aidan wanted to say it. I reminded him that we are praying for our family and to pray for things the family needs. Here is what followed: "Dear Heavenly Father, Please bless... We need Milk. Amen" Can't say I blame him- we were out of milk.
I'm out of time to post pictures but I'll get more up soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love reading your blog! Thanks for updating!!!
Post a Comment