Friday, October 9, 2009

St. George Marathon

One of the oldest traditions my family has is going down to St. George the first weekend in October to watch my dad run the marathon. We've been doing this since I was 5- so this year made for a special year because it was his 25th year! Almost our whole family was able to make it down this year (we missed Jordan's husband, Danny) and we had such a fun time! We were able to get a great hook up with a condo down there (thanks Julia!) and it was so fun to be able to stay there with the rest of my siblings and have some good times together. It's always a short weekend, but I look forward to it every year and am always so proud of my dad and all the work and commitment he puts into this.


At the half way point, up Snow Canyon. I think this is such a cute picture of the boys (all 4 of them).

Running in at the finish line


My mom made us all cute shirts to surprise my dad- they look like the sign Joseph and Juli are holding on the end


The back of the shirts


This is about the best that can be expected when trying to get a picture of 4 kids under the age of 5.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a special tradition. I LOVE the shirts!

The Meaghers said...

The shirts are great! What an awesome fan club!