Sunday, August 12, 2007

To the Beach!!!






Well, crazy as we are we took off to the Oregon Coast for my family reunion, 2 weeks after Ethan was born. We were in the car for 4 days and at the beach for 1 1/2 days, which was obviously too much car time and not enough beach time. The boys traveled well on the way there but the way home was a nightmare with someone needing to eat, use the bathroom or whatever reason every 45 minutes. It took 12 hours to get back to Jordan's house, when it should have only taken 7. Brett turned to me the next morning and said that we will no longer be traveling when the babies are only 2 weeks old (we did it with Aidan too) and that I shouldn't even ask. I think I finally agree. Needless to say, we loved being in Oregon and on the coast. It was so fun to be with all of my family and Brett and I just love it so much up there. We are trying to arrange to go back to the same place next year, split a beach house with my family again, and stay a whole week. It seems like our "vacations" are always to see someone or because we have some event happening and they are always fast and not relaxing. We are vowing to start taking actual vacations next year and every year.

3 comments:

Jordan and Danny said...

What great beach pictures!! We got two alright ones. Oh Well. Hope your surviving and we miss you all!

CLAMES said...

Congratulations!!! Your new baby Ethan is so CUTE and you look great too!

Leslie said...

Becca I love these pictures at the beach especially the one of Aidan at sunset. I'm jealous you guys were able to get out to Oregon this summer, we usually always go, but I was glad to spend time with my little bro before he left. I love your site!

Leslie