Sunday, September 7, 2008

The end of summer...

It's hard to believe that summer is already over- it's gone by so fast! We seem to have more and more fun every summer with our boys. We have such a good time showing them what summer is all about and living it through their eyes. We've been so busy, or I've been trying to relax a little, and haven't kept up with my blog at all. I've spent the last couple days trying to get caught up and hopefully I will be better at it now that we'll be back in a regular schedule again.

We had a fun and busy Labor Day weekend. Friday we went up to Alpine with my parents to a back to school party with some old family friends. We BBQ and listened to a string quartet that a friend of theirs plays in, and had a good time visiting. Saturday we dropped the kids off with my cousin, Sarah, and her husband, Tom, and Brett and I hit the outlets in Park City for the Labor Day sale. It was so fun to shop without the boys! Afterwards we headed back to Sarah and Tom's house in Midway and headed down to Swiss Days. It was so much fun- I don't know why we've never been-and the food was SO good! Good thing I had started Weight Watchers again the week before. Next time I won't be doing that before a holiday weekend- I have no willpower. Thanks again Sarah and Tom for a fun day! Sunday we had a quiet day at home since all my family was at Jordan's house for Lauren's blessing and on Monday we spent the morning getting rained out of the Onion Days Parade, for Payson's City Days, but it cleared up enough to hit the booths in the park that afternoon. Then we drove up to Patrick and Leslie's for a fun BBQ at their new house Saratoga Springs. We miss having them closer, but we've still seen them as much- just more driving involved on both sides, right? We're glad they've found such a nice place to live and are settling well. And now we're back to the fall schedule!

Aidan and Ethan dancing at the parade
Photobucket

Trying to stay warm and dry- I've got my beach towel wrapped around me because its the only thing we had in the car!
Photobucket

I actually made strawberry freezer jam this summer- I was so impressed with my domestic abilities I had to document it. Too bad I had no idea how incredibly easy it is or I would've done it much sooner!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sorry, I am leaving a comment on every post, but you FINALLY wrote all about what's going on with you! I have felt so out of the loop! :) I really miss Onion Days, and I LOVE freezer jam!!